Sunday, December 21, 2008

Breakfast in Georgia (Kellett edition)

I made it to my parent's place in Georgia last night after a long drive from the Old Dominion. (Although, the trip did include a brief stop at a splendid glass shop in Greensboro. That made the journey a bit happier!)

Since their guest room shares a wall with the kitchen, I awoke to the sounds of Dad banging things around in an attempt at breakfast.

It seems he's been cooking more, and even my mother ,who reserves her praise unless things are truly phenomenal, says he's getting "better." So, I jumped in as his sous-chef and we made an omelet, hash browns, and some of my mom's sour dough rolls.

Now, it isn't much to look at, but my dad and I have had some carefully guarded distance over the past few years and this little meal... I think it's the beginning of better times to come. Sigh. I like breakfast.

No comments: